Friday, 1 July 2011

Day 3 8.30pm

Today started with Comfort knocking on my door with a large mug of coffee – being a caffeine addict with no coffee for the last three days this was a sign that today was going to be a good one.
The children had a day off today so this morning I taught maths and English to them all, it is hard because they are all different ages but somehow we managed to learn a few things. They are all so excitable and Finnley gets a little intimidated by them all together, but he gets on really well with a little girl called Angelina. They like to drag an old car along with a piece of bamboo and shout ‘go, go. Go” All the children copy Finnley’s English so he has 15 children following him saying ‘I’m winning’ or ‘lets go’. It is rather amusing.
When I took my dirty washing out to wash with the other children they looked shocked and all said ‘let me’, then Comfort came out and stole my dirty clothes saying she would do it as I am a guest. I finally convinced them that I wanted to learn how to do it and they agreed to show me how to do it properly. Our clothes are gleaming.
After a lunch of rice and spicey beans – which was amazing, we played exercise with the children. They loved it. Just follow the leader and jumps and lunges, but it meant I got some exercise in too!
Finnley is exhausted after every day, it is so lovely to spend all day every day with him as usually I have university and study. He loves it too and wants to stay here. I cut his hair tonight as it is very hot and he gets very sweaty; but he is now a bit grizzly as we are waiting to speak to my mum and sister.
I hope I settle in  gradually over the weekend as the children are so lovely.  

No comments:

Post a Comment