On 27th June 2011 I along with my two year old son Finnley will be leaving Britain to spend two months in Ghana, helping to improve the lives of disadvantaged orphans.
Thursday, 16 June 2011
Our rubbish, their treasure.
Sorting through the lost property at Surrey Sports Park with the very kind Leanne, we were speaking about how people could 'foget' these items or not look for them; hair straigteners, tennis rackets, running shoes all expensive belongings just left behind. The children of Nkoranza do not need or want any of these items, they are desperate for basics such as clothes and shoes. So we separated bags and bags of unwanted things to find all the childrens items, lots of jumpers, tops, trousers and even a few pair of trainers. We collected about two large bin bags full of clothes that I could take over for the children, I know they will be hugely appreciative. I will need to wash and dry all of them, which is another thing to add to my never ending to-do list, but I think it is important that the children feel like they deserve nice, clean clothes. On behalf of the children and myself, thank you Leanne and Surrey Sports Park. www.surreysportspark.co.uk
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment